Off camera flash yields better result than the on camera flash, because you can fire the strobe wherever you want. Take a look at the below image, i fired the flash light on top of the subject by using cellphone.
Focal Length : 50 mm, Shutter Speed : 1/160 of a sec, f stop(Aperture) : f/2.8, ISO : 200, White Balance : Auto
- Camera with wide aperture if you are shooting in low light, i used Nikon 50 mm AF 1.8 G lens on my Nikon D3100
- Cellphone with flash and an app to fire flash. Free app for Android and iOS
- Use your three legged friend tripod to hold camera and you can fire strobe on subject.
Follow these steps:
- Put your camera into manual mode.
- Focus the subject and move the lens's focusing switch to Manual mode to lock the focus.
- Fire the strobe on top the subject, and click your shot. I shot this image at night.
Take look at Tiny Buds... and let me know your views on this post.